Below find some of the successful products that Stephen has been involved with commercializing over the years.
Stephen is part of the team responsible for developing and commercializing a new packaging innovation that replaces plastic rings handles. Fishbone — which is licensed by Atlantic Packaging, the largest privately-held packaging company in North America — uses compressed and branded paperboard to hold items in place. The best part? They’re 100% curbside recyclable!
Stephen was on the product team for the worldwide hit product Lazer Tag.
Stephen’s idea of a rotating label that added 75% more space appeared on many products worldwide.
Hot Picks, a company that Stephen founded, produced guitar picks featuring a wide range of designs, including iconic characters licensed from Disney and famous musician Taylor Swift!
Patents & Awards
Here is a list of some of Stephen’s patents
- 9,085,402 Medical Information Rotating Label System for a Container
- 8,727,220 Machine readable information interface for a container
- 8,709,198 High-speed expanded content labels
- D588,628 Stringed instrument plectrum
- 7,172,668 Rotatable label system and method
- 7,087,298 Rotating label system
- 6,649,007 Rotatable label for pharmaceutical container and method for constructing same
- 6,631,578 Roll-fed method for constructing a rotatable label system
- 6,402,872 Rotating label system and method
- 6,385,878 Rotatable label system including tamper-evident feature and method for constructing same
- 6,237,269 Roll-fed method for constructing a rotatable label system
- 6,212,803 Rotatable label system on a drinking vessel and method for constructing same
- 6,129,802 Rotatable label system and method of constructing same
- 6,086,697 Rotating label system and method
- 5,884,421 Apparatus and method for constructing a rotatable label device
- 5,809,674 Apparatus and method for increasing an effective information carrying surface area on a container
Here is a list of a few of Stephen’s awards.
- 2011 AccuDial – New Product Innovation Award – Frost & Sullivan
- 2011 AccuDial – PTPA Seal of Approval
- 2011 AccuDial – Edison Awards – Gold & Bronze Award Winner
- 2011 AccuDial Product of the Year, Canada
- 2008 Best New Product Concept – Disney Consumer Products
- 2008 NAMM Best In Show – Guitar Picks – Accessories
- 2007 NAMM Best In Show – Guitar Picks – Accessories
- 2002 FlexoTech Print and Innovations Award Winner in the Combination Printing Category
- 2001 IOPP AmeriStar Awards First Place
- 2001 International Association of Printing House Craftsmen Gold & Bronze Award Winner
- 2000 IOPP AmeriStar Awards BEST OF SHOW
- 2000 IOPP AmeriStar Awards Best of Category (Pharmacy)
- 2000 World Label Association Innovation Award
- 2000 Package Printing Excellence Awards First Place Production Achievement
- 2000 PCT U.K. Product of the Year
- 2000 TLMI Awards Honorable Mention in Technical Achievement
- 1999 TLMI Awards Innovation Winner in Technical Achievement
- 1999 Pyramid Awards, Award of Excellence in Film Labeling
- 1999 Food & Drug Packaging News, Package of the Year